There can be several reasons for postponing or even canceling an event. When guests register, or the registration is already closed because the event takes place in a few days, it is of course important to communicate about this.
Vergeet behalve de communicatie met gasten niet de nodig aanpassingen te doen aan de eventsite. Denk hierbij aan:
- Adjusting the date of the event on the event site, thank you email and / or e-ticket
- Upload new images if they show the date of the event
- If you offer your guests the opportunity to place the event in the digital agenda, create a new .ics file
- Extend the deadline until guests can register and / or change their registration
- Check until when the event site is active and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if an event site should remain available longer
Communication to guests who have unsubscribed
- Create a static group containing all guests who have logged out.
- Send an email campaign to this group stating that the event will be postponed or canceled. Communicate (if applicable) the new date immediately and invite guests to register. Use the personal link to change the registration.
Communication to guests who have not yet responded
- Create a static group containing all guests who have not yet responded to the invitation.
- -ERR:REF-NOT-FOUND-Send an email campaign to this group stating that the event will be postponed or canceled. Communicate (if applicable) the new date immediately and invite guests to sign up. Use the personal invitation link for this.
Communication to registered guests
- Create a static group that includes all guests who are signed in, but also where the status is "Pending" and "Payable".
- If you ask the question "Are you present?" In the registration form, then hide this question on the registration form.
- Add a new question "Are you present?" to.
- Send an email campaign to the group you created stating that the event will be postponed or canceled. Communicate (if applicable) the new date immediately and ask guests to sign up again. Use the person-ERR:REF-NOT-FOUND-al link to change the registration.
Antwoorden op veelgestelde vragen:
- After sending an email campaign, check how successful the sending was through the mailing list.
- In case of a paying event, costs are automatically charged – or credited – when changing or canceling the registration.
- E-tickets that have already been sent can still be used on the new date of the event. Personal barcodes never change.
Een effectieve manier om (last-minute) te communiceren met gasten is door middel van een SMS-campagne.